- Don’t ever smoke a cigarette. It’s the grossest, nastiest habit you can ever tempt fate with. Best case, you get stinky, yellow teeth and black scum in your lungs. Worst case, you die. Don’t gamble with your life, because you only get one.
- Don’t cheat. Ever. Not on a test, not on your partner or yourself. Your word is your bond and if you care so little that you’re willing to flush your integrity? Nothing good that will come from that. There’s a reason they say that cheaters never prosper.
- Don’t lie. Why lie when the truth will do? It always comes out in the end and if you’re a piece of garbage, even the best lies can’t sell a bunch of trash. The truth doesn’t just set you free, the truth eliminates the people from your life that don’t deserve to belong there.
- Learn to ask for help. It doesn’t make you incompetent or needy, it makes you human and if you’re going to be offering help, you need to learn enough grace to accept it as well.
- Love your body, regardless of what you wish it looked like. You were given the perfect vehicle to get you through anything in this lifetime and cellulite is just thigh dimples. You’re not fat, in fact you will look back on your body at this point in life and miss it with your whole soul.
- Embrace your sexuality. Never dull your spirit for someone who doesn’t shine as brightly. Ask for the things you want and need. If your partner is intimidated because you can, they aren’t worth worrying about. There are literally millions of men and women that wish they had someone who could. Don’t waste 5 minutes on a chicken unless you’re intending to roast and eat it.
- Chase your future, not a relationship. The more money, success and personal goals you attain, the more your choices will be your own. Boys come and go, investments are forever. I promise you, he is NOT your true love and boys only really turn into men at 35 so don’t waste opportunities on temporary dick.
- Don’t cut or dye your own hair. Ever. Get out a skein of yarn and blindly cut 3 pieces. Now compare them… are they the exact same length? No. Take that as a valuable lesson and do not ruin your hair. Dying your hair with boxed hair color from the store is the worst and least expensive permanent bad idea you can have for a while. Be the one girl who listens, saves and never has those awful monotone hair color phases in the family photo albums. Especially if you want to be a redhead. Oy.
- Don’t be afraid of aging. Botox is for your forties, not your twenties and if you are focused more on being attractive than successful, your priorities need work, not your face.
- Birth control is as important as drinking enough water. Use both with reckless abandon. Your future will only be better if you’re protected and hydrated.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: WEAR SUNSCREEN. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM THE STUPIDITY OF CHILDHOOD BUT CANCER IS FOREVER. APPLY, APPLY, REAPPLY AND WEAR A HAT AND LONG SLEEVES. THE SKIN YOU HAVE NOW WILL BE THE SAME SKIN THAT SAYS “I DO”, THE SAME THAT WILL ROCK YOUR FIRST AND LAST BABIES, AND CARRY YOU THROUGH ALL THE GOOD AND BAD.
Love yourself enough to be your biggest hero. ♥