1. That I wasn’t complacent with the time I was given. I recently left a job I probably could have worked at, forever. As the vice president, I had a fair amount of job security. Then I hired the idiot who I was in love with, who broke my heart shortly thereafter, and that job I loved became a prison of consequences. Those folks who tell you not to shit where you eat? They aren’t kidding. Poverty is scary, for sure.. but the fact that I never have to see his lying, miserable face again, is right up there with winning the lottery. It’s worth every last penny.
2. That I’ve never been for sale. My heart and soul are hard-won treasure. I don’t always put them in the best place, but they are priceless and irreplaceable in the self-serving, calculating and disposable climate we live in.
3. That the things that I love most are free. Baby tomato plants, the smell of fresh coffee, a long Sunday without any plans, my little ones cuddling in my arms…. ahhh.
4. That I’d rather have an envelope of rare heirloom tomato seeds than just about anything else on earth. I spent a week just enjoying being home with nowhere to go… and then the temperature went up in my greenhouse and I started dreaming about freshly turned dirt and tiny green tomatoes starting to ripen. I braved the coronavirus yesterday to go get a bag of potting soil. 🙂
5. That I’d rather give than receive. In all situations, lol…
6. That anything that’s mine is yours if I love you. You can even have my last roll of toilet paper… and that’s saying a lot. I share so freely that sometimes I don’t realize I’ve given too much…. but that’s just me. I’d rather go find more, than watch someone I love go without.
7. That I’m funny as hell and will do my best to make you laugh, even on your saddest days. I’ll volunteer my stupidity AND my stupid heart if it means replacing your tears with laughter. I’ve loved a lot of morons, it won’t take long.
8. That my heart was always in the right place, even when I was actively working against my own best interests. This has been a shitty year full of loving the worst kind of man who gives the worst of my worst a run for their titles. I seem determined to love the ugliest dog at the shelter in hopes of saving his smelly life, with more thought to his potential than the flea-infested reality sitting in my lap.
9. That my faith is strong, regardless of the many situations and disappointments that have challenged it. I’m a huge believer in Karma and am eternally grateful to be a favorite of the Karma fairy. It may be easy to hurt and disappoint me, but OH my goodness… I don’t envy the karma that comes with that.
10. That I’m loving to a fault, friendly and welcoming to the least beloved, sharing and devoted to the people who love me in return. Oh and fickle… because when you move from my list of friends to that other list… I giggle just as much at your suffering as I did cheering your success.
Oh and…. Happy Corona Virus!
I don’t often post pictures or videos of myself, but I figured I’d say hello in person, since we’re all a bunch of shut-ins. Who’s ready for a knitting lesson??